- WHO WE ARE
- OUR WORK
- RESOURCES & TRAINING
- NEWS & EVENTS
- GET INVOLVED
Collection of Personal Information
SNAICC – National Voice for our Children collects information from our members, subscribers and other organisations to maintain accurate membership and subscription records in the course of SNAICC’s business. Some of this information is personal.
We make the following commitments regarding personal information:
- We take reasonable steps to make individuals aware that we are collecting personal information about them.
- We disclose the purposes for which we collect information and the parties to whom we may pass the information.
- We obtain permission from the subject or, in the case of a child, a person with legal responsibility for their welfare, to use their image for illustrations in SNAICC publications and other resources, including the SNAICC website.
- We provide individuals with access to their personal information held by SNAICC and allow for corrections or annotations if the information is inaccurate, out-of-date or incomplete.
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure and protect the confidentiality and security of personal information in our handling and storage.
- We seek approval from the concerned individual(s) before disclosing personal information to a third party, unless specifically exempted by legislation or unless the individual(s) have been informed in advance about the disclosure to a third party.
- We have in place a process for handling privacy complaints, addressing them quickly and effectively, and offering recourse to an independent adjudicator if complainants are not satisfied with SNAICC’s internal complaint handling procedures.
Collection of Personal Information for Publication Distribution Purposes
We collect and use information to fulfill public requests for SNAICC – National Voice for our Children publications and resources. This information is also used for evaluation and quality management purposes. SNAICC ensures that personal information is not sold or disclosed for payment.
SNAICC Evaluation and Quality Management Processes
For the purpose of creating and distributing the best publications and resources for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and organisations, we collect information from those who order, are sent or use our resources and publications for evaluation and quality management purposes. This information is requested on a voluntary basis.
As part of our evaluation processes, SNAICC prepares reports to the Australian Government Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs, and to our external evaluator, a private contractor. All data used for evaluation and reporting purposes will be anonymous, with no identifying characteristics (such as names) provided to any government department or other entity. We treat this information with the strictest confidentiality. Unless an organisation or person participating in the evaluation process has expressly given their permission for them to be identified and their perspectives to be attributed to them, all data used for evaluation and quality management purposes will be anonymous, with identifying characteristics removed.
While SNAICC – National Voice for our Children‘s distribution agent has made a contractual assurance to SNAICC that it will respect the privacy and confidentiality of all the information collected for our purposes and will not provide this information to anyone else, SNAICC cannot make guarantees on behalf of our agent and is not liable for any failure by our agent to fulfill its responsibilities on this matter.