Working with SNAICC
- Are you passionate, experienced, skilled and committed to working with and supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, families and communities?
- Do you believe in creating a more socially-just society and promoting their rights, needs and aspirations?
- Do you want to work with an organisation that is proudly Aboriginal-community-controlled, representing the interests of Aboriginal and Torres Strait children and families?
- Do you have experience and relevant qualifications working in areas such as policy, training, resource development, communications and community engagement within this sector?
SNAICC – National Voice for our Children is the national non-government peak body in Australia that represents the interests of Aboriginal and Torres Strait children and families.
SNAICC has been supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and their families since 1981, which has resulted in many key milestones and achievements – both in policy developments at state, territory and federal levels, and also in developing innovative and useful resources for the sector.
SNAICC is a diverse team, gathering people from a variety of backgrounds with a range of skills and experiences, all of whom work together in co-operation and mutual respect.
Our shared mission is:
“To provide a strong voice for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families through a national body which represents Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children’s services and promotes the rights, needs and aspirations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and families.”
We offer our staff an excellent wellbeing program, opportunities to participate in cultural events and activities, and professional development opportunities.
Staff are offered professional and personal development through ongoing on-the-job training, internal and external training opportunities, and whole-of-agency staff in-service days designed to build morale and knowledge.
Benefits of working with us
We offer a range of benefits when working with us, including:
- Salary Packaging ($15,900 tax free salary component and additional meals entertainment / accommodation & venue hire subject to Government regulations)
- Leave loading
- Generous personal leave and cultural leave provisions
- Flexible work arrangements – including variations to start/finish times, part-time hours
- Bonus day-off during Christmas period, and
- Team Cultural Days
Career opportunities with SNAICC
We’re always looking for committed and dedicated people to join our workforce so check out our positions vacant.
SNAICC strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply for positions at SNAICC. SNAICC provides access to formal training and professional development.
SNAICC is always looking for volunteers, students and interns to undertake work in a range of areas. You can help make a difference by assisting us with policy and research, training and resource development, campaigns, communications, Aboriginal Children’s Day, and much more.
Subscribe to the SNAICC e-Bulletin for notices of future job vacancies.
Current positions available
There are no positions currently available. Please check again later.