An important part of our family life is our respect for our family and the support we get from each other.
If you are frustrated, frightened or anxious, remember that no-one is perfect and that all parents feel this way sometimes.
All parents make mistakes along the way. It’s okay to make mistakes, but it is important to learn from them and try to do things differently next time.
Things that can cause worry
- Money problems
- Not having a job
- Sickness in the family
- Your own sickness or mental condition
- Housing problems—including moving house
- Problems that come with drug and alcohol abuse
- Having no-one around for support
- Feeling low, or having no confidence, not feeling good about yourself
- Problems in your relationships (with partner or other family members)
- Changes in your life like marriage, separation from loved ones, kids leaving home or family breakdown
- A family member or friend being arrested and going to jail.