SNAICC – National Voice for our Children is the national non-government peak body in Australia for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children. SNAICC provides a strong voice that promotes the rights, needs and aspirations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, ensuring their safety, development and well-being.
Training and Resources Officers play a vital role in the SNAICC Training Team and the organisation. The roles within the Training Team focus on the design, development and delivery of training programs for people working in early childhood and/or child and family support services. Workshops are primarily delivered by two trainers, with at least one trainer being Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander.
SNAICC Training Officers can expect to:
- engage with parents and educators in early years services;
- have face-to-face engagement with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities across Australia;
- deliver family violence, trauma, and cultural competency training.
Such roles are ideal for individuals with:
- a background in training and significant workplace experience;
- experience and understanding of working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people;
- sector experience in the child and family support and/or early childhood sectors;
- ability to travel interstate regularly for 2-plus days at a time.
SNAICC is looking to fill three full-time, ongoing positions, located at SNAICC’s office in North Fitzroy, Melbourne. Salary range $63,000-$68,304, plus superannuation and salary packaging. Excellent professional development and training opportunities.
Application deadline is 5.00 p.m. Wednesday 14 December 2016. Download the position description to learn more about the roles.
SNAICC strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply