Longer time-frames than those currently provided are required for programs and services to:
* build trusting relationships with Indigenous families and community partners;
* identify client needs and to plan and implement appropriate responses;
* devise and deliver effective engagement strategies;
* foster Indigenous cultural understandings for service staff and for the broader community; and
* develop evaluation strategies that identify longer-term outcomes for Indigenous families.
Indigenous participation in the planning, delivery and measurement of programs is critical in fostering greater trust and connectivity and enhancing community awareness.