Get to know your baby
Every baby is different, even in the same family. Babies grow and learn faster than at any other time of their life. Your baby is learning lots of things from you.
- Know that your baby needs you to feed her, comfort her, give her warmth and love as well as you can. When you do this she is learning to love you and to trust you.
- Talk to your baby when you change, wash or feed her.
- Make time to have playtime. Touch and play with her gently.
- Let her sleep in a quiet place when she is tired.
- Sing to your baby.
- Never shake a baby—it can cause brain damage.