The 10th SNAICC National Conference is heading to Garramilla/Darwin this September, featuring presentations from over 100 organisations, associations and entities who work with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, families and communities.
SNAICC’23 is set to be the largest national conference in our history, featuring a program of over 100 concurrent sessions across three streams: Children & Families, Child Protection and Early Learning & Development.
After hosting a virtual conference in 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, SNAICC CEO Catherine Liddle expressed excitement about coming together in person once again for SNAICC’23 “to celebrate our strong, resilient and passionate sector and services”.
Ms Liddle said this year saw the highest number of abstract submissions of any previous conference.
“Given we will likely be weeks away from a Referendum to enshrine a Voice in the Constitution, it is not surprising that so many presenters are focusing so strongly on this year’s conference theme – Voices at the Top – Our Children, Our Rights, Our Way.
“We feel the groundswell of the Voice and the momentum for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and cultures to be recognised in the constitution.
“We are living through a time of opportunity for change where our voices can be heard, and we can have a say on the decisions that impact us.
“SNAICC’23 will amplify the voices of our sector, and most importantly our children, sharing the expertise of those on the ground working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, families and communities.”
The SNAICC’23 program is available now at: www.snaicc.org.au/conference/program
- 5-7 September 2023 at Darwin Convention Centre in Garramilla/Darwin on the lands of the Larrakia people
- 102 concurrent sessions featuring a range of paper presentations, panel discussions, yarning circles and workshops
- 100+ organisations, associations and entities represented by the presenters at SNAICC’23
- 1,000+ delegates expected to attend from across Australia
- 50+ organisations supporting SNAICC’23 through sponsorship, exhibition, donation and services rendered
For all media queries relating to the SNAICC National Conference, please contact SNAICC’23 Event Manager, Devon LaSalle on email@example.com or 0458 396 816.