- This event has passed.
Tracks to Healing – Supporting kinship carers & workers to care for our Aboriginal children
March 22, 2016 @ 9:30 am - 3:00 pm
SNAICC and Australia Childhood Trauma Group (ACT Group) have a partnership to run workshops for Kinship carers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children. This workshop includes trauma informed practice modules and cultural competency.
- The nature of trauma experienced by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, families and communities
- Kinship work and its implications for carers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children
- The impacts of trauma on the cultural/spiritual, psychological and physiological well being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children
- Reading the signs of trauma – how is healthy attachment impacted by trauma
- Easing the impact of trauma
- Approaches to healthy attachments
- Caring for ourselves when children are distressed
This workshop is designed for:
- Kinship and foster carers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children