- This event has passed.
Through Young Black Eyes – Train the Trainer Workshop
May 3, 2016$531.818 – $590.909
PLEASE NOTE: the training is held over two day, being the 3rd and the 6th of May, participants are required to attend both days. During the 4th & 5th there is the CDFVR Queensland Indigenous Family Violence Prevention Forum 2016
Times: 9:15am for Registration, 9:30am – 4:30pm
- 2 Day Training
- Family violence train-the-trainer workshop
- For people / organisations working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
The program goal is to support healing from and the prevention of, family violence, child abuse and neglect and supporting the building of child safe communities and organisations.
To do this, the workshop aims to build participants’ capacity to use the Through Young Black Eyes Workshop Kit.
The learning objectives of the workshop are:
- To discuss and learn about issues relating to family violence, child abuse and neglect in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- To discuss the strengths in their communities which may assist in addressing these issues
- Identify future goals and activities they can undertake in relation to addressing family violence, child abuse and neglect in their communities
- Increase confidence and skills for running workshops using the Through Young Black Eyes Workshop kit, including through:
- Clarifying the aims of their own future workshop/s
- Designing a sample agenda for a workshop
- Discussing the challenges in running workshops and how to overcome them
This workshop is designed for:
- Anyone interested in the family violence prevention field
- Those interested in gaining leadership skills in family violence prevention and child safety
- Professionals from Child protection, Family Services, Family violence programs, women’s services, youth work, community development and community services
* No prerequisites needed