Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council has launched a media campaign to promote school attendance and ‘ensure every parent sends every child to school every day, on time.’
As part of the media campaign, two commercials have been developed and are ready for distribution across Australia. With the aim of highlighting the importance of sending children to school every day, Cherbourg Aboriginal Shire Council is currently seeking donations to assist in screening these commercials on television and in cinemas.
The advertisements were made with the assistance of:
- Actor-writer-director Leah Purcell;
- Rugby league star and Aurizon rail and freight company’s Indigenous Strategy Manager Steven Renouf;
- International award-winning director John Lyons;
- World-class cinematographer Wayne Aistrope;
- Colourist Chris Reynolds; and
- More than 30 children from 10 South Burnett schools
Sponsorship and media support are sought to achieve the goal of widely airing these commercials throughout Australia to encourage school attendance.