This training aims to improve early childhood development outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children who need additional learning opportunities and other supports. This workshop provides educators with evidence-based strategies designed to help them to positively support indigenous children’s social, emotional and educational development.
Key topics of discussion will be:
- Cultural safety
- Culture and child rearing practices
- 3a Model in practice with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children
- 3a and SNAICC context
- Abecedarian meaning – defining 3A
- Quality and why use 3a in ECEC environment
- Aligning 3a to national policy context
- Breaking down the 3a approach
- ECEC planning and evaluation
- One-day training program
- Learning and education approaches using 3a with a cultural lens
- Applying national approaches and resources to the local early years context
This workshop is designed for:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander playgroup leaders, educators, workers in the early years sector and community members.
- Non-Indigenous playgroup educators and early years workers who engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and children.
No pre-requisites, however this workshop complements our A Place for Culture? training.
Contact SNAICC at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (03) 9419 1921 to discuss how to host or connect to local training opportunities.