SNAICC – National Voice for our Children is the national non-government peak body in Australia for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children. SNAICC provides a strong voice that promotes the rights, needs and aspirations of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, ensuring their safety, development and well-being.
SNAICC is seeking an experienced communications professional to continue to build SNAICC’s national profile.
If you are keen to make your mark:
- Managing all internal and external communications, marketing strategies, organisational membership, and branding of a national peak body
- Working with high profile Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander leaders across the country
- Leading the proactive and reactive media engagement for the national Family Matters Campaign, Australia’s dedicated campaign to reduce the overrepresentation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children in out-of-home-care
- Managing the SNAICC digital presence across multiple social media platforms and websites
- Managing the planning and execution of National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children’s Day, Australia’s largest national day to celebrate Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children
And you have:
- Significant experience in media, communications or marketing
- Strong stakeholder management skills and experience
- Excellent written competency, with proven experience in content creation for multiple uses and audiences
- Experience and understanding of working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations and people
Then we want to hear from you!
Fixed term, full-time position with the possibility of permanent employment, located at the SNAICC offices in North Fitzroy, Melbourne. You can expect to earn between $70,000 and $80,000 depending on experience, plus superannuation and salary packaging.
Application deadline is 5.00 p.m. Sunday 7 May. Please send all enquiries to Susan Kay at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SNAICC strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.