- Are you intending to commence a PhD in 2016?
- Do you want to be a world leader in your research field?
- Perhaps you know someone brilliant starting their PhD in 2016?
Applications for Round 2, 2016 Forrest Research Foundation Scholarships are now open until midnight 15 April 2016.
The Forrest Research Foundation offers lucrative scholarships to outstanding international and Australian students who wish to undertake high quality research and enrol in a PhD at a Western Australian university.
Who is eligible?
Forrest Scholarships are open to domestic and international students commencing their PhD in 2016. Students must be eligible to enrol in a PhD in 2016 as an internal full-time student at a Western Australian university.
Applicants must not have already enrolled in the proposed PhD or previously undertaken research towards a PhD or other research doctorate.
Applicants must also meet the eligibility requirements as set out in the Scholarship Conditions.
Am I the next Forrest Scholar?
Forrest Scholars are selected based on the following criteria:
- Academic achievements (with a bachelor’s degree of First Class Honours standard or equivalent);
- Exceptional ability, resourcefulness and originality;
- Potential to make a positive difference in the world; and
- Demonstration of how the award would help build world-class innovation and research capacity in Western Australia.
What do scholars get?
All Forrest Scholars will receive a total scholarship package worth over $45,000 per annum including:
- an Australian Postgraduate Award (APA) or equivalent university postgraduate research scholarship stipend valued at $26,288 per annum in 2016, indexed annually;
- an accommodation allowance valued at $19,716 per annum in 2016, indexed annually; and
- a relocation and research travel allowance of $13,000.
How do I apply?
Please visit the Forrest Research Foundation website and click ‘Apply Now’ to access the online application form. You will also need to contact your preferred university to apply for PhD enrolment.
Application closing date
The closing date for the applications is Midnight WST Friday 15 April 2016. Late applications will not be accepted.
Please contact Madelaine Fisher at the Forrest Foundation on +61 8 6488 5598 or email: email@example.com for further information, or to register your interest in attending a Forrest Scholarship information session. You may also wish to discuss your application with your proposed PhD supervisors and your university’s Scholarships Office.