- 3 Day Training
- Using a holistic, healing and strength based approach to preventing and responding to family violence
- Introductory family violence training for people / organisations working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Communities
- Using healing and culturally strong approaches
- Understanding the impacts of history and trauma for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Recognising the prevalence, nature and impacts of family violence in the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community
- Building skills and strategies to address family violence in the community.
- Supervision support and debriefing for workers in the family violence sector
Putting it into practice:
- Adopting strength-based work practices that support interactions with children, young people and their families affected by family violence
- Effective culturally sensitive engagement strategies and integrated approaches when supporting Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who experience family violence
- Identifying and responding to client specific needs (safety planning, intervention strategies and using appropriate referrals)
- Programs, activities and tools for working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children and young people affected by family violence
This workshop is designed for:
- Anyone interested in the family violence prevention field
- Those interested in gaining skills knowledge and understanding of family violence prevention and child safety with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Professionals from Child protection, Family Support, Family violence programs, women’s and men’s services, youth work, community development and community services
* No prerequisites, however this workshop complements our TYBE training.
Contact SNAICC to discuss how to host or connect to local training opportunities.