Don’t miss out on upcoming free event “Stop the Creation of Another Stolen Generation: Stepping up for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children’s Rights!”
Hosted by SNAICC, the national peak body for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, the event will be held at Federation Square – The Edge, Friday 14 June, 11:00 am – 1:00 pm.
It will be a dynamic conversation with an amazing group of speakers, including key national Aboriginal leaders, Professor Muriel Bamblett, Professor Kerry Arabena and Aunty Lorraine Peeters:
- Professor Muriel Bamblett, SNAICC National Executive and CEO of Victorian Aboriginal Child Care Agency;
- Professor Kerry Arabena, Director and Chair of Indigenous Health, Onemda Koori Health Unit, Centre for Health and Society, Melbourne School of Population and Global Health, University of Melbourne;
- Aunty Lorraine Peeters, Stolen Generations advocate and Founder of Marumali;
- Eva jo Edwards, Case Manager and Programs Officer, Connecting Home;
- Special international guest, the Vice Chairperson of the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child, Ms Marta Mauras-Perez;
- Megan Mitchell, the National Children’s Commissioner;
- Dr. Helen Szoke, the Chief Executive of Oxfam Australia; and
- Nigel Scullion, Federal Shadow Minister of Indigenous Affairs.
Register for this free event now! Email firstname.lastname@example.org