This training aims to improve early childhood development outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children who need additional learning opportunities and other supports. This workshop provides educators with evidence-based strategies designed to help them to positively support indigenous children’s social, emotional and educational development.
Key topics of discussion will be:
- Cultural safety
- Culture and child rearing practices
- 3a Model in practice with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children
- 3a and SNAICC context
- Abecedarian meaning – defining 3A
- Quality and why use 3a in ECEC environment
- Aligning 3a to national policy context
- Breaking down the 3a approach
- ECEC planning and evaluation
- 1 Day Training program
- Learning and education approaches using 3a with a cultural lens
- Applying national approaches and resources to the local Early Years context
- This workshop is designed for:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander playgroup leaders, educators, workers in the Early Years sector and community members.
- Non-indigenous playgroup educators and early years workers who engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and children.
No prerequisites, however this workshop complements our “A Place for Culture?” training.
Contact SNAICC to discuss how to host or connect to local training opportunities.